The Mid-West Lean Network is now well established. It was set up to enable companies within the Mid-West region to learn about Lean, share best practice, improve their Lean undertakings and to facilitate member-to-member networking.
The Mid-West Lean Network: the second largest regional lean network in Ireland, after Waterford Institute of Technology’s Lean Enterprise Excellence Group, was set up in November 2016 to strengthen and increase the existing culture of lean within the Shannon and the wider Mid-West region. Its aim is to enable each industry to broaden and strengthen its competitiveness through knowledge sharing and bench-marking against each other and different industries.
Integrating Ergonomics and Lean Thinking will be a third workshop in 2018 and presenters from Essilor (Organic Lens Manufacturing) will share their story and explain how the ergonomics helped in their Lean journey. The following topics will be covered:
– Integration of ergonomics in process design
– Integration of Ergonomics into Standard SOP in Production
– Process improvements & ergonomics
– Ergonomics contributing to value add on Indirect production activities
– Emphasis on a participatory approach and the value of employee knowledge