This four-day course has been developed to assist delegates in their understanding of the key concepts of Lean and the pursuit of a Lean organisation, facilitating them to manage, support and lead Lean Transformation.
Is it right for me?
Suitable for all individuals who are:
- in organisations considering applying the lean Enterprise approach and possible ISO18404 organisational certification
- Responsible to support/monitor the success of Lean improvement or business improvement projects of all types
- In organisations pursuing the approach, but who have little or no knowledge of the theory or practice.
What will I learn?
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the nature and practical implications of the Lean Enterprise approach and toolkit and where ISO18404 fits in.
- Appreciate corporate Lean Enterprise application, roles & responsibilities
- Know how to monitor and Champion Lean improvement projects
- Undertake personally simple Lean improvement.
What will it cover?
- Why Lean?
- The Lean Approach & Why do it?
- Application of ISO18404:2015
- Understanding advantages & constraints
- Understanding possible objections
Managing Lean Implementation
- Implementation Needs
- Relationship to Quality Management & Six Sigma
- The Requirements of Lean Projects
- Roles & Responsibilities
The Lean Approach & Toolkit
- Value Mapping
- The 7 Common Wastes
- 5S’s and Visual Management
- Process Measurement
- Process Design. Specification process and process risk assessment
The Manager Role in Supporting Change
- Managing expectations of the programme
- Convincing others
- Facilitating and supporting the change agents
- Building positive relationships
- Clarifying knowledge gaps
- Planning the process.