Lean is an approach most commonly used in manufacturing to drive continuous improvements and efficiencies that utilise less time, effort and resources thereby giving greater returns.
In 2017, we completed a six-month pilot of 15 farmers of varying scale, herd size and locations which proved that the application of ‘lean’ techniques and principles at farm level also had significant benefits.
With guidance and support from our Continuous Improvement (CI) team, our pilot farmers attributed the integration of lean to achieving improved farm safety, quality and resource efficiency, and an enhanced quality of life through time-saving, reduced stress and physical labour.
The Lean Farm pilot proved so successful that the Board of Dairygold has approved the roll-out of the programme to all our milk suppliers.
- Dairygold’s Continuous Improvement teams will hold Lean Farm training sessions at various dates and regions to take Members through the techniques and principals.
- Training sessions will run from 10.30am to 2pm and will include a farm visit to demonstrate how lean can be applied at farm level.
- Each session will have a maximum of 25 people for optimum effectiveness and participation.
- Training is open to Dairygold suppliers, their spouse/ partner, son or daughter.
- If you would like to attend a Leanfarm Training Event please contact lo-call 18900 200 840 or return the attached form, indicating which session you would like to attend, to: Dairygold Co-Operative Society, Milk Advisory Department, Clonmel Rd, Mitchelstown, Co Cork
- On receipt of your application to attend, we will respond confirming your place.
- In the event that a training session is oversubscribed, the first 25 applicants will secure their place. In this event, we will contact all other applicants for that date to reschedule their booking.
LeanFarm Training Schedule [pdf 250kB]
Source: DairyGold Agri Business