Organised by Cré, the Irish Composting & Anaerobic Digestion Conference 2018 will take place on Wednesday 15th March at Killashee House Hotel, Kildare. The Keynote Speaker will be Michael Martin TD, Leader of Fianna Fail.
Over the last few years there has been uncertainty on brown bin feedstock supply and supports for anaerobic digestion. As we approach 2020, many operators in the sector have decisions to make to what to do in the future.
The operators need answers to key questions –
- Will brown bin material tonnage increase?
- Will there be Government supports for biomethane to grid or electricity production?
- What will be the impact of new waste policies?
- Could composting sites pretreat sewage sludge prior to incineration?
- Are there new opportunities to develop new products in the biobased bioeconomy?
Policies are evolving on brown bin with increased enforcement, proposed changes to the brown bin regulations, emerging new EU Circular Economy policies, new supports for heat from biogas by the Renewable Heat Incentive and the new National Statement on the Bioeconomy.
The Irish Composting & Anaerobic Digestion Conference comes at a pivotal time for the sector and will create much debate, be thought provoking, informative and inspiring.