Strategic & Policy Developments
- 2018 will be a very busy year for EU agricultural and rural research and innovation with new projects starting – congratulations to all the Irish participants who received good news for the 2017 2-stage projects in December 2017, adding to the ones already running, plenty of activities under EIP-AGRI, and Save the date! For a large conference on 2-3 May 2018 in Brussels to take stock on the implementation of our strategic approach to EU agricultural R&I under Horizon 2020, which will be a follow-up to the “Designing the path” conference in 2016 and start shaping the future together for Framework Programme 9. This event is recommended for attendance by key strategic personnel in your organisations.
- Save the date! – Under the Bioeconomy policy development process please note all the Food 2030 activities to date and also that the next FOOD 2030 high-level event will be held under the Bulgarian Presidency in Plovdiv on 21-22 June 2018.
Societal Challenge-2 Funding Programmes:
- Biobased Industries Joint Technology Initiative:
- The 2018 Annual Working Plan is now published on the Biobased Industries Joint Undertaking website. See attached also the pdf version.
- Save the date! – Please note also the Biobased Industries Joint Undertaking Info Day is scheduled for 17th April 2018 in Brussels. Further information will follow here.
- Horizon 2020
- Societal Challenge 2 – 2018 funding opportunities – The deadline for submission of proposals for 2018 is fast approaching and we have been in contact with many of you considering coordinating a proposal for the upcoming SC-2 call. If you are considering coordinating a proposal and haven’t been in contact please do so now. If you also have been approached to participate in a proposal please also let us know in advance of the submission deadline.
- This is to inform you about a new feature on the Horizon 2020 Participant Portal. It now offers the possibility to look for partners directly in the context of individual call topics (open and forthcoming). Potential applicants can access the list of existing partner search requests for a given topic via the individual call topic pages (example). From the same place, Legal Entity Appointed Representatives (LEARs) can also create new partner search requests on behalf of their organisation. Detailed guidance is available.
- Multi-actor approach – useful details on the need to address the multi-actor approach
- Horizon 2020 – EU research and innovation approach to the digitalisation of agriculture
- Details on the China-EU Food Agriculture Biotechnology Flagship Initiative (FAB) info day in China (28 November 2017) can be found here.
- See attached also a presentation outlining Horizon 2020 research opportunities related to development of circular economy policy.
- See attached an outline of forestry related Horizon 2020 opportunities
Dissemination & policy support activities for Agriculture, Forestry & Bioeconomy
- Do you want to have a front-row seat to experience the full potential of IoT technologies in the European food and farming sectors? Then the EU-funded Internet of Food & Farm 2020 (IoF2020) project is delighted to invite you to its IoF2020 Stakeholder Event: “Unleashing the potential of IoT in the food and farming sector”, taking place in Almeria, Spain, from 1-2 March 2018!
- Bioeconomy Stakeholders event – December 2017 – meet the BBI projects
- Horizon 2020 funded thematic networks which may very usefully inform your research activities.
- Projects Catalogue.indd – Agri Innovation Summit 2017
|Cereals||CERERE||Cereals: organic/low input cereal food systems for biodiversity and quality (production, processing, marketing)|
|Pigs||Eu PiG||Pig husbandry: health management, precision production, welfare and meat quality|
|Grass||Inno4Grass||Productive grasslands: profitability and environmental services|
|Sheep||SheepNet||Improving sheep productivity|
|Short supply chains||SKIN||Stimulating innovation and good practices in short supply chains|
|Agroforestry||AFINET||Agroforestry: sylvoarable and sylvopastural systems’ design, management and profitability|
|Wine||Winetwork||Wine diseases: Grapevine Trunk Disease and Flavescence dorée|
|Organic arable production||OKNetArable||Organic agriculture – arable crops|
|Hens||Hennovation||Animal welfare hens|
|Dairy||4D4F||Data and sensor driven decision making on dairy farms|
|Dairy||EuroDairy||Practice-based innovations in dairy farming: resource efficiency, biodiversity, animal care, and socio-economic resilience|
|Fruit||EUFRUIT||Fruit: cultivar development, minimize residues, storage and fruit quality, sustainability of production systems|
|Innovation||Agri-Spin||Innovation brokering methods|
|Bioeconomy||AGRIFORVALOR||Valorization of biomass side-streams from agriculture and forest|
|Smart Farming||Smart-AKIS||Smart Farming Technology: Management Information Systems, Precision Agriculture and Agriculture automation and robotics|
|High nature value farming||HNV-Link||Support HNV farmlands through knowledge and innovation|
|Nutrients & water||FERTINNOWA||Optimize water and nutrient use efficiency: dbase on innovative technologies and practices for fertigation of horticultural crops|
|Bioeconomy (not launched yet)||ENABLING||Upscaling biomass production and pre-processing for bio-based value chains|
|Forestry||INCREdible||Non Wood Forest Products: Cork, Resins and Edibles in the Mediterranean basin|
|Innovation (not launched yet)||NEWBIE||New Entrant netWork: Business models for Innovation, entrepreneurship and resilience|
|Organic animal production||OK-Net EcoFeed||Organic Knowledge Network on Monogastric Animal Feed (pigs, broilers, hens)|
|Bioeconomy||PANACEA||Non-food Crops’ penetration path|