Lean thinking is an approach to employee management, process management and workplace organisation that increases market share through superior customer satisfaction. At the same time costs are reduced as employees seek to continuously make shorter, simpler and safer the processes that deliver value to customers. However, identifying the practical steps that will bring about this change to voluntary continuous improvement is not always easy, and sometimes counter-intuitive. This workshop introduces key lean concepts and provides simple and effective tips for increasing customer satisfaction whilst lowering costs.
At the end of this one day workshop, participants will:
– have a common understanding of lean principles;
– understand how lean thinking differs from traditional management thinking, and the extent of the change required in management perspective; approach to customer satisfaction; people management, & process problem solving;
– have an appreciation of relevant performance indicators in a lean environment;
– understand the extent of the effort and support required to implement lean thinking in the organisation, and
– understand the fundamentals of building a successful lean transformation programme