|To help raise EU industrial competitiveness, the EU-Japan Centre began organising in-depth visits to world class European plants in 2013. These best practice visits are designed to inspire the participants along their companies’ lean journeys and can also provide valuable feedback to the host companies.
Participants learn about the host company’s ‘lean journey’ in its relentless drive to be competitive, and uses process optimisation, lean management tools and – where relevant – AI/IoT to drive its business forward. During the ‘Gemba’ visit, participants will see the lean tools, used by the host company, in operation.
Our next visit:
Double visit near Prague in the Czech Republic – on 16 & 17 July. More details available here. Apply now, (deadline: 09 June)
|Tuesday, 16 July
- Afternoon visit to the Škoda Lean Centre to include detailed information and exchanges with staff of Škoda’s Lean Centre and an insight into how Škoda uses strategic development, team training, lean and industry 4.0 tools;
- evening group discussion on “lean in a digital world – capturing value” led by Richard Keegan (Adjunct Professor – Trinity Business School, Dublin and Lean advisor to the EU-Japan Centre for Industrial Cooperation); and
- informal networking dinner with representatives of Škoda and LEGO.
|Wednesday, 17 July
||Lean in Europe visit to LEGO’s packaging facility, including lectures, shop-floor visits, coaching and detailed explanations by staff of LEGO’s packaging division and focussing on:
- implementation of Team Coordinators on shop floor (Toyota-style organisational structure with team leaders and team coordinators);
- SMED, improvement of change over on packing lines;
- a LEAN assessment tool; and
- 3D printing of spare parts.