Energy Ireland®, now in its 21st year, is the most well-established conference serving the entire Irish energy sector, north and south, and enjoys the support of all the main players. Attendance at the conference secures access to all the key decision-makers in the Irish energy sector and is a not-to-be-missed event for anyone with an interest in developments in the Irish energy industry.
This year’s Energy Ireland conference will look at the drivers of the changes in the energy sector and the drivers of change over the period to 2020 and beyond.
Key themes for 2017:
- Impact of Brexit and the energy sector;
- The new electricity market structures;
- Investing in Ireland’s energy infrastructure post 2020;
- European energy policy and the Winter package;
- Energy regulation in uncertain times;
- Future outlook for wind energy;
- Natural gas infrastructure and market outlook;
- Will 2020 see a surge in solar energy and energy storage?
- Will energy interconnectors become more important after Brexit?
- Oil and gas exploration prospects and the future of oil refining in Ireland;
- Energy and climate policy outlook.
- Denis Naughten, TD, Minister for Communications, Climate Action and Environment
- Marie Donnelly, Former Director, DG Energy, European Commission
- Arne Jungjohann, Author of Energy Democracy
- Paul McGowan, Chairperson, Commission for Energy Regulation
- Pat O’Doherty, Chief Executive, ESB
- Dave Kirwan, Managing Director, Bord Gáis Energy
- Ralf Kornter, Head of Distribution Energy Systems, Siemens
- Stephen Wheeler, Managing Director, SSE Ireland
- Fintan Slye, Chief Executive, EirGrid plc
- Alex McLean, Partner, Arthur Cox
- Antony Froggatt, Senior Research Fellow, Chatham House
- Stephen Woodhouse, Director, Pöyry Management Consulting
- Cormac O’Rourke, Director of Corporate Finance, Goodbody