The 5-day World Class Manufacturing training mission provides an in-depth analysis of Japanese manufacturing methodology and is aimed exclusively at EU managers with knowledge of WCM and an engineering background. It assists the participants to acquire a better understanding of TQC (Total Quality Control), TQM (Total Quality Management), TPM (Total Productive Maintenance), JIT (Just In Time), TIE (Total Industrial Engineering) practices and the current KAIZEN manufacturing methods (continuous improvement).
The training course consists of lectures, workshops and visits to some of the world’s most advanced Japanese factories in order to understand the real “Gemba” (production site), talk directly with their production managers and observe the effective implementation of manufacturing methods.
This course will give its participants a detailed understanding of current Japanese approaches that they can adapt to help their companies lean journeys.
Ideal participants have an important strategic role in shaping the company’s best practice strategy or can influence the company’s management of quality control / best practice / production systems (e.g. Director, Manager, Operation & Logistics, Plant Manager, Quality Manager or Managing Director etc).
The sector of activity is unimportant since the themes covered are equally applicable in non-manufacturing industries.
The candidate must:
– be a citizen of an EU Member State or of a COSME partnering country;
– work for a company that is > 50% EU or COSME partnering country owned;
– work for a company that is an EU or COSME partnering country juridical person;
– be supported by their employer;
– be able to participate in the entire programme;
– have a good command of English;
– be a manager involved in changing production engineering methods /strategy and / or production control, or have previous experience in operations management or have knowledge and practice of production methods of excellence.
The main criteria for selection are:
– the professional & educational background of the candidate;
– the strategy of the participant’s company regarding WCM implementation.
In order to ensure a high degree of personal attention, the number of participants in each programme is limited to 25.
Application Deadline: Thursday, 22nd March 2018