This consultation is part of the evaluation of Directive 2001/42/EC on the assessment of the effects of certain public plans and programmes on the environment (SEA Directive). This evaluation is part of the European Commission’s Regulatory Fitness and Performance Programme (REFIT) which involves a comprehensive, evidence-based assessment of whether the current regulatory framework is proportionate and fit for purpose and delivering as expected.
The consultation is open until 23 July 2018.
On Line Questionnaire Public consultation as part of the evaluation of the Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA) Directive (Directive 2001/42/EC) on the assessment of the effects of certain plans and programmes on the environment
The questionnaire consists of two parts. The first part includes general questions on the relevance of the SEA Directive to EU citizens and is aimed at all respondents to this consultation questionnaire. The second part of the questionnaire includes more detailed questions on the implementation of the Directive and its performance according to five evaluation criteria:
• Effectiveness (Have the objectives been met?)
• Efficiency (Were the costs involved reasonable?)
• Coherence (Does the policy complement other actions or are there contradictions?)
• Relevance (Is EU action still necessary?)
• EU added value (Can or could similar changes have been achieved at national/regional level, or did EU action provide clear added value?)
This second part is particularly aimed at respondents directly involved with or affected by the Directive and its requirements.