Are you a company that offers sustainable products or services that is looking to expand? An organisation that supports small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs)? A regional authority?
If so, why not get involved in a new project from the European Commission that aims to kick start the circular economy among Europe’s SMEs?
The project is open to the following:
– SME support organisations that would like to receive training on the circular economy
– Circular solution providers (companies which offer sustainable products and/or services) that would like to expand
– Regional authorities that would like to receive policy advice on how to support SMEs in adopting circular solutions
Expressions of interest must be submitted by Monday 18 September 2017 by filling in the digital application located at: http://ec.europa.eu/environment/funding/circular-economy-smes/
Any questions? Contact: ENV-PILOT-PROJECT@ec.europa.eu
The European Commission has adopted an ambitious new Circular Economy Package to help European businesses and consumers to make the transition to a stronger and more circular economy where resources are used in a more sustainable way. With this plan to make Europe’s economy cleaner and more competitive, the Commission is delivering ambitious measures to cut resource use, reduce waste and boost sustainable production and consumption.
Since adopting the Circular Economy Package the Commission has observed an increased uptake by corporations to adopt resource efficiency, eco-innovation and/or circular economy strategies and practices.
The Commission observes that SMEs are experiencing more difficulties in adopting such strategies and practices, due to:
- their more limited organisational, technological and financial capacity;
- and less access to (pre-) financing for circular solution
With this project the Commission aims to bring assets (e.g. knowledge, networks and tools) via the right support infrastructure, organisations and associations to SMEs so that these enterprises can start to benefit from the advantages of the circular economy including cost reductions, new/increased revenue streams and improved environmental performance.