The Department of Agriculture, Food & the Marine (DAFM) operates three ‘public good’ competitive research funding programmes for agriculture, food and forestry to support innovation and economic success across the bioeconomy.
DAFM also provides support for Irish involvement in the EU Horizon 2020 research funding programme.
Agriculture & Food
- EIT Food – Global Food Ventures – EIT Food’s Global Food Venture (GFV) programme supports 30 highly-motivated PhD students from across Europe to turn their research into successful business concepts in the food & agtech space. Contact email@example.com
- Please save the date for the Horizon 2020 SC-2 Information Day & Brokerage Event – June 25th/26th 2018
- 2nd FOOD 2030 HIGH-LEVEL EVENT: Research and Innovation for Food and Nutrition Security – Transforming our food systems – 14-15 June 2018, Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- National Bioeconomy Policy Statement – launched in March 2018 provides a policy & implementation framework that is instructive for all researchers in the agri-food, forestry & bioeconomy research area.
- The BBI JU Info Day 2018 is fast approaching! More than 400 participants have a confirmed place – have you registered yet? If you have already registered, thank you very much for doing so. Please feel free to forward this invitation to anyone who might be interested in attending the event. Registration for the event is free but obligatory and needs to be completed using the electronic registration tool. Places will be offered on a ‘first-come, first-served’ basis so we would advise to register as soon as possible, since the registration will close on 10 April. More information, details of speakers and the agenda are all available on the BBI JU website. Don’t forget to book your face-to-face networking meetings! Once you receive confirmation of your registration to the event, you can access the BBI JU Partnering Platform, update your professional profile in the platform and start sending and accepting invitations to the other participants.
- Save the date – All-Island workshop on Bio-Based Industries opportunities in the Horizon 2020 programme – Thursday 31st May 2018, 10.00am, University College Cork – Bio-Based Industries Joint Undertaking (BBI JU) in Horizon 2020 – see attached
- The Directorate-General for Research and Innovation of the European Commission cordially invites you to the conference: Innovative bio-based products: Investment, Environmental Impacts and Future Perspectives – 06 June 2018, 09:00 – 17:00 – Crowne Plaza Brussels – Le Palace, Rue Gineste 3, Brussels, 1210, Belgium. Please find the conference flyer attached. Watch the video (1:35 min)!
- Teagasc together with Tipperary Energy Agency, Tipp Co. Co. and IFA are currently organising Energy in Agriculture 2018, which takes place at Gurteen Agricultural College on August 21st. They are running a Research Poster Competition as part of the day programme. The themes for energy are fairly broad and will allow a wide array of your students participate.
- Download and share competition poster with your colleagues & associates