Waterford Stanley Ltd manufacture domestic cooking and heating appliances.
Lean Start Project Objectives
- The objectives of the Lean Start Project were to increase the capacity of the Sales and Service Support centre to handle customer enquiries through the assessment of current processes and elimination of non-value-add activities.
- To identify non value add activities and capture them in a simple and effective manner.
- To implement improvements while continuing to execute the core function of the area.
- Lean Training increased the teams knowledge of Lean and Lean tools.
- Using the eight wastes to help identify waste reduction opportunities.
- Application of the Plan Do Check Act cycle to manage continuous improvement projects.
- Use of Visual Management as a communication tool.
- Increasing capacity in the Sales and Service Support Centre through elimination of waste.
- The impact of the waste reduction process will deliver increased capacity in the Sales and Service support centre to handle customer calls.
- The estimated value of this increased capacity to the business is €70,000
“The LeanStart programme introduced the necessary tools to effectively identify waste and the tools to plan and implement corrective actions. These techniques can now be applied to all aspects of the business.”