Tredwell is a high Volume Manufacturer of control panels, control assemblies & boxes and associated wiring looms for repeat and high volume OEM and industrial applications.
Quote – Savings have been made across the entire business as a result of the Lean Plus Program. It has provided a platform for current and future growth. The skills gained in completing the project will be used in future Lean projects. It also aligns with our ISO systems.
- To address the potential effect of Brexit
- Improve competitiveness
- Reduce production costs
- Increase productivity and throughput
While addressing the above objectives, the company started to go through a huge surge in demand for their products. Original plan was to cater for approx. 30% increase over the coming 2 years. However growth surged to near 50% during the project life cycle.
- Layout became a main factor (2 storey building).
- Introduction of new semi automatic equipment (only where necessary that would enhance existing processes).
- Increase in production space by 30% upstairs and 82% downstairs (same footprint)
- New storage solution for components – decrease in footprint of 43% but an increase of capacity of 48%
- Productivity increase for order picking of 27%
- Productivity increase on mechanical assembly of 31%
- Productivity increase in wire and loom prep of 21%