Foxway Company t/a Silver Pail Dairy Ltd is an established, award winning manufacturer of freezer to table desserts, dairy & non-dairy ice-cream, frozen yoghurt and sorbets.
Silver Pail Dairy, established in 1978, and are specialists in the manufacture of ice cream, frozen yoghurts and ice cream dessert. Silver Pail Dairy manufactures its own branded range of foodservice ice cream alongside the contract and private label products for retail and foodservice customers. All products are manufactured at the production site located in Fermoy, Co. Cork.
Quote -In addition to the significant efficiency improvements and cost savings delivered by the introduction of the lean programme, there has been a noticeable increase in the positivity of the culture and levels of engagement throughout the business which leave the business well positioned for further development using lean tools.
Lean Plus Objectives
- Introduce lean to all employees in the company
- Introduce Visual management and Stand Up Meetings across all production lines
- Identify and implement Preventative Maintenance System
- Improve line efficiency/Performance to Plan by 3% delivering an annualised saving of €80k
- Deliver Yield improvement of 1% delivering an annualised saving of €62K
- Total lean project savings of €142k targeted
- Getting all managers/departments buying in to the lean way of operating the business.
- Managing the communication message of what was going on with lean projects over the course of the program.
Robust reviewed processes now in place:
- Daily – 10 minute production review by each production line
- Monthly management meeting to review business performance and open lean project status review
- People more accountable for their work
- Updated procedures/standard work now in place which all employees are adhering to
- Preventative Maintenance system in place to help maintenance move from reactive approach to a more planned proactive way of working
- All employees now understand what lean is about and the value of their role in helping the company become more efficient and profitable
- Visual management and Stand Up Meetings now in place across all production lines and 10 minute meetings taking place daily to review performance and address issues as they arise
- Preventative Maintenance System now in place across all main areas of the factory. Monthly process in place to identify the PM activity and work with Planning/Production to ensure the required equipment can be accessed to do the PM work.
- Line efficiency/Performance to Plan by 3% delivering an annualised saving of €100k
- Yield improvement of 1% delivering an annualised saving of €95k
- Total lean project savings of €195k delivered