Qualpack Ltd are a leading manufacturer and distributor of flexible packaging products for the Irish and UK markets, supplying Standard, Specialty and Bespoke packaging products.
Qualpack is a Packaging Solutions Provider servicing the Agri, Pharma, Industrial, Food and Retail sectors in Ireland and abroad. Founded in 2000, based in Limerick and 100% Irish owned.
Quote – The lean project gave our business more structure on how we deal with problems, how we approach things and new ways of looking at things. We also introduced a very good system to monitor our sales progress. We feel we are now better equipped to move forward and grow the business. We also found that visual management has helped in a big way and also got everybody involved and interested.
Lean Start Project Objectives
- To reduce the number of changeovers on the bubble wrap machine.
- To standardise the changeover process, to set a target for changeover time and aim to achieve this consistently.
Putting a structure around the sales process and continuous improvement.
- Changed roll length/weight – reduced number of changeovers required.
- Standardised changeover process.
- Set-up a more structured Sales process
Annualised cost savings of €7,683