Microsemi Corporation, a wholly owned subsidiary of Microchip Technology Inc. (Nasdaq: MCHP), offers a comprehensive portfolio of semiconductor and system solutions for communications, defense & security, aerospace and industrial markets.
Products include high-performance and radiation-hardened analog mixed-signal integrated circuits, FPGAs, SoCs and ASICs; power management products; timing and synchronization devices and precise time solutions, setting the world’s standard for time; voice processing devices; RF solutions; discrete components; enterprise storage and communication solutions
LeanPlus Project Objectives
- Shipping process to be more robust & risk free
- Streamline the picking & packing processes
- Full electronic traceability
- Reduce Cycle time in the Pick & Ship Process
- Introduce paperless processing
- Implement Auto label printing
- 23 step manual labour intensive process
- Process is heavy on paperwork
- Picking & Packing is labour intensive
- Some of the traceability is in hand written log books
- Parallel processes happening
- Labour intensity of the Revenue Recognition process
- Internal re-works due to human factors
Created an Internal database that collects information for 4 data sources and brings all the required information into one Database for use in Planning, Warehouse, Quality Control & Shipping.
Implemented 100% paperless processing for
– Quality Control
Implemented Automated Label Printing across all lines in Production.
Implemented Barcode scanning on all production order routes.
- 100% Paperless Process implemented in Planning, Warehouse, Quality Control & Shipping
- Processed steps reduced by 36%
- One database implemented for 4 departments (all information is now in the one place)
- Auto label printing implemented resulting in 85% reduction in human errors
- Barcode scanning reduced the opportunity for errors when transacting lots on the production floor
- Improved efficiency of transactions