Eliteform Manufacturing ltd is an Irish owned engineering company fabricating a wide range of products for the roofing, cladding, engineering and construction sector in northern Ireland and the UK.
EliteForm Manufacturing based in Co Louth specialist engineering company established in 1974.
“Environmental Best Practice is helping companies to address competitiveness issues within their business by implementing management systems which improve environmental performance reduce costs and build capability of their people within the company”
Green Start Project Objectives
- Implement an Environmental Management System within the company to control environmental impacts from their operations
- Conduct an environmental cost reduction programme
- Increase competitiveness of company through improved environmental sustainability
- Improve resource use in energy, water and waste
- A basic environmental management system and environmental policy was developed for the business
- Global Green Consultancy met and engaged with management and completed a site assessment to determine the key projects inclusive of environmental reduction potential
- A full technical environmental assessment and staff engagement was carried out focusing on energy, waste and water
- On completion of the programme Eliteform received a technical environmental audit report, a basic environmental management system, environmental policy, cloud based tools for continuous improvement and guidance to staff and management on how to best implement energy, waste and water savings
- Achieved year on year savings of approximately €20k on resource use
- 60% energy savings through improved energy efficiency and purchase of new compressor
- Potential 20% savings in transport costs
- 80% water savings through installation of rainwater harvesting system