Dutec ltd provides a comprehensive supply chain solution and global logistics service. It is the supply chain solution partner of choice to some of the world’s most successful companies. Central to Dutec’s offering are flexibility and customer service.
DuTec Ltd was established in 1999 and operates from Dock Road Co Limerick providing solutions in e-fulfilment, warehousing and inventory control, after sales service. The Company provides services including logistics, print management, inventory management, packaging, assembly, sales support, financial consultancy, website design, and graphic design
By Engaging in the LEAN START programme and working closely with the external consultant, we at DuTec have identified and expanded our Key Performance Indicators, improved our data collection and measurement methods and generally improved our processes and procedures. The programme introduced the concept of “LEAN THINKING” within the organisation and we can now see the potential savings and benefits a well-run LEAN programme can bring.
LEAN START Project Objectives
- Introduce Lean thinking At Dutec
- Apply Lean principles and methodology to several of Dutecs processes. Goods receipt, delivery performance to main customers, put away and retrieval of archive products, efficiency and yield tracking in production areas
- Develop systems to monitor KPIs that can be run efficiently and incorporated into the existing IT system
- Process performance data collected in a format that could be trended / analysed quickly to support identification of countermeasures.
- System also supported ongoing evaluation of countermeasures success and prompts requirement for additional correction action.
- 20% reduction in supplier quality issues
- 10% reduction in time required to retrieve samples