Burnside Eurocyl is a high quality hydraulic cylinder manufacturer with over 40 years experience in the design and manufacturing of hydraulic cylinders for the oem market.
Burnside Eurocyl is a Carlow Town based company with leading European customers such as JCB and The Wirtgen Group. Burnside uses industrial processes such as machining, welding and manual assembly on all cylinders produced in-house.
A lean production system requires not only tools but the dedication of management and the buy in of all personnel
LEAN TRANSFORM Project Objectives
- Develop the workforce to become lean minded with the ability to identify wastes and suggest improvements.
- Focus on KPI’s in order to achieve savings and increase revenue streams in the most beneficial areas.
- Develop a system of planning production across all manufacturing processes within the company in order to get the most out of our existing resources.
- Improve the layout of the factory to make material flow in an efficient and ergonomic manner.
- Company going through a period of expansion reducing availability of key staff to work on lean projects..
- Wide variations in end products reducing the potential for streamlining of processes.
- High levels of stock needed to smooth out disruptive supply chain.
- Development of standard work practices and workstations using 5S principles
- Accurate system for measuring the output of each cell and operator.
- Reduction in the number of tools required for assembly.
- Removal of non-value adding processes.
- Development of tailor made MRP system to optimise material stock.
- System introduced to reduce process times and increase quality of the finished product from machining and welding operations.
- Development of in-house built machinery to automate work intensive processes.
- Reduction of setup times for machining operations.
- Reduction in the amount of stock raw material.
- Better flow of material with less work in progress.
- Increase in profitability of low volume batches.
- Productivity increase of 8%
- Reduced quality issues by 10%