Since the first edition in 1992, more than 700 participants from across all EU Member states have participated in this practical training course.
• Training dates: 10-14 September 2018
• Application deadline: Thursday, 24 May 2018
The 5-day World Class Manufacturing training mission (WCM) gives senior European engineers the perfect opportunity to visit some of the world’s most advanced factories to see for themselves:
• how leading Japanese companies use world-class manufacturing techniques to drive their businesses
• how to interact with senior Japanese production engineering managers and lean experts
The training mission in Japan provides participants with:
• in-depth analysis of Japanese manufacturing methodology
• lectures, seminars and panel discussions presented by experts from Japanese industry
• company and factory floor (Gemba) visits
• preparation and post-visit review
No tuition fee for SMEs, and the European Commission grants €600 to participants from SMEs.
The training course consists of lectures, workshops and visits to some of the world’s most advanced Japanese factories in order to understand the real “Gemba” (production site), talk directly with their production managers and observe the effective implementation of manufacturing methods.
Source: EU Japan Centre