Joint Call on Scenarios of biodiversity and ecosystem services Now Open
The Belmont Forum and BiodivERsA are pleased to announce the launch of their joint call: Scenarios of biodiversity and ecosystem services.
The total budget of the call is € 25m.
This call is open to Irish researchers (as per EPA funding rules) with € 0.5 m available. This funding is jointly provided by the EPA (€ 0.25m) and the Marine Institute (€ 0.25m for marine-related projects).
The Call will address the two following major (non-exclusive) priorities:
· Development and application of scenarios of biodiversity and ecosystem services across spatial scales of relevance to multiple types of decisions
· Consideration of multiple dimensions of biodiversity and ecosystem services in biodiversity scenarios
Proposals are invited from transnational research consortia with teams from a minimum of three countries participating in the call: Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil (State of Sao Paulo only), Bulgaria, Canada, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Ivory Coast, Lithuania, The Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, United States of America.
· Deadline for pre-registration (mandatory): Friday 1st December 2017, 5pm (CET – local time in Brussels)
· Deadline for submission of full-proposals: Friday 9th March 2018, 5pm (CET – local time in Brussels)
· For more information on the call, please consult the complete announcement of opportunities (including research priorities, pre-registration and submission forms, and rules and procedures including assessment criteria)
· Please ensure that you consult the Funding Rules applying to Irish participants. If you have any queries regarding the Irish Participation, please contact Alice Wemaere
· If you are looking for a Research Partner for your Project or for a Project to join, please do not hesitate to use the BiodivERsA/Belmont Forum Partner Search Tool.