At Automatic Plastics we are using the MOR Operational Excellence benchmarking tool which has been developed by a panel of experts combining the best elements of global medical device companies operational excellence management systems. The key benefits of the MOR Model for an SME such as Automatic Plastics were recently presented by our Director of Sales, Andrea Cawley, at the Q2 meeting of the Irish Medtech Association Operational Excellence Working Group which was hosted by DuPuy Synthes, a Shingo prize winner.
- It is an industry recognised Operational Excellence benchmarking tool which is mentioned with pride on all client visits.
- It creates an easy-to-use framework to measure our progress in our implementation of Lean/OpEx. Keeps momentum as necessitates quarterly reviews by senior management.
- Temptation for an SME is to measure progress on financial outputs only. The MOR Model creates awareness for the less tangible elements that are critical for success.
- The mentoring programme creates a safe learning environment to deliver quick wins and a “go see” approach.
- It limits the need for external training/consultancy as creates a clear strategic path with measurable goals.
As any company involved in Lean is aware, it is a journey. We are so pleased with the progress made on ours, and are looking forward to using the MOR Model to journey further.
Source: Automatic Plastics