The South East Lean Network helps public and private organisations from across all manufacturing and services sectors that have adopted or are adopting Lean Thinking & Practices to enable operational and enterprise excellence, and to sustain their competitiveness.
It facilitates knowledge exchange and networking via:
- good practice visits, gemba walks, and peer benchmarking, and
- the WIT Annual Lean Enterprise Excellence Forum and WIT Annual Lean Practitioner Seminar Series.
Please see below for further information on objectives and supports of the lean network
06th February –Applying Lean Thinking in Services – Value Adding Activity at Eishtec will be delivered by Sarah Mee, Process and Quality Manager at Eishtec HQ in Waterford. In this role, Sarah’s team supports Eishtec Operations across all four current locations in Ireland and the UK in the delivery of Eishtec mission to “Challenge the Standards of Service” across the outsource service sector. In leading the Process and Quality team, Sarah is responsible for identifying innovative, quality-driven business improvement opportunities, providing customer-focused lifecycle performance insights, and developing and implementing value-adding process improvement initiatives. – Tickets available here
Objectives and Activities of the Lean Network:
- Acts as a network broker for inter-firm site visits for firms within the region, plus for firms from outside the region visiting firms within the region.
- Facilitates and brokers one-to-one, or one-to-many, focused mentoring and tutorial sessions.
- Provides a forum for industry stakeholder engagement and collaboration which informs programme and module development, plus research, within and from the WIT Academy of Lean Enterprise Excellence.
- Provides a forum for industry engagement and collaboration regarding course and service offerings involving Regional Skills Forum, Skillnets, Chambers of Commerce, and Education Training Boards.
- Facilitates alignment amongst and between all relevant stakeholders, including
- Multinationals, SMEs, and Micro-Enterprises
- Enterprise Ireland, IDA Ireland, and Lean Business Ireland
- Local Enterprise Offices (LEOs)
- Education Training Boards (ETBs)
- Regional Skills Forum
- Chambers of Commerce
- Higher Education Institutions (HEIs)
- Lean Service Providers (Trainers & Consultants)
- Lean Construction Ireland (LCi)
- Construction Industry Federation (CIF)
- Irish Centre for Business Excellence (ICBE)
- Irish Business & Employers Confederation (IBEC)