The South East Lean Network helps public and private organisations from across all manufacturing and services sectors that have adopted or are adopting Lean Thinking & Practices to enable operational and enterprise excellence, and to sustain their competitiveness.
It facilitates knowledge exchange and networking via:
- good practice visits, gemba walks, and peer benchmarking, and
- the WIT Annual Lean Enterprise Excellence Forum and WIT Annual Lean Practitioner Seminar Series.
The Southwest Lean Forum (SWLF) was created in 2018 by a working group consisting of representatives from educational, industry, government and public bodies. The strategic goal is to create an industry led forum that facilitates the sharing of Lean system experiences and best practices for the benefit of all members in the South West region.
Contact: 021-4326264 email@example.com
Please see below for further information on objectives and supports of the lean network
13th November – Process Improvement in Local Government – Evening Seminar – https://www.eventbrite.ie/e/wit-lean-practitioner-seminar-series-tuesday-13-november-2018-tickets-51708871627
Objectives and Activities of the Lean Network:
- Acts as a network broker for inter-firm site visits for firms within the region, plus for firms from outside the region visiting firms within the region.
- Facilitates and brokers one-to-one, or one-to-many, focused mentoring and tutorial sessions.
- Provides a forum for industry stakeholder engagement and collaboration which informs programme and module development, plus research, within and from the WIT Academy of Lean Enterprise Excellence.
- Provides a forum for industry engagement and collaboration regarding course and service offerings involving Regional Skills Forum, Skillnets, Chambers of Commerce, and Education Training Boards.
- Facilitates alignment amongst and between all relevant stakeholders, including
- Multinationals, SMEs, and Micro-Enterprises
- Enterprise Ireland, IDA Ireland, and Lean Business Ireland
- Local Enterprise Offices (LEOs)
- Education Training Boards (ETBs)
- Regional Skills Forum
- Chambers of Commerce
- Higher Education Institutions (HEIs)
- Lean Service Providers (Trainers & Consultants)
- Lean Construction Ireland (LCi)
- Construction Industry Federation (CIF)
- Irish Centre for Business Excellence (ICBE)
- Irish Business & Employers Confederation (IBEC)